KANSAS CITY REPLACEMENT ROOFING INSTALLATION
Free Roofing Inspection and Consultation
Whether you are facing roof damage from hail or severe weather, or your current roof is reaching the end of it lifetime, contact Bordner online or call (816) 358-2102 for a free roof inspection and no-obligation estimate.
When you contact us, a Bordner representative will schedule a time to visit your home, inspect your roof, share what they learned, and answer any questions you may have. They can also show you samples of roofing products, and provide you a no-obligation estimate.
Better Installation Equals Better Performance and Value
Bordner’s roofing installation professionals are highly trained with each of the roofing products we offer, ensuring that your asphalt, wood, hard-surface or man-made roofing materials perform and last as designed. This means better long-term value and protection for your home.
Because of our training, expertise and superior results, we have received the highest levels of certifications from roofing material manufacturers. This allows us to pass the best product warranties they offer on to you, in addition to our installation Satisfaction Guarantee.
Bordner’s Roofing Installation Process
The following steps of our roofing installation process are designed to provide you, the homeowner, with the highest-quality roof, at the least inconvenience to your everyday life. To learn about the steps of the complete process – from initial estimate through ongoing customer support – view our phased approach to home improvement projects.
Preparing your home for replacement roof installation
- The existing construction will be inspected. All damaged or rotted sheathing will be replaced prior to the installation of the new roofing materials.
- A layer of high-quality roofing felt will be installed to serve as an underlayment for the shingles and an additional moisture barrier.
- 2” x 3” Drip Edge Flashing will be installed on all eaves to protect the edges of the roof sheathing and fascia board, and to help channel water into the gutter system. 1” x 2” is the industry standard and offers less protection.
- Valley flashings that are fabricated with an inverted V-shaped standing diverter will be installed in all valleys. All of our standard flashings contain a baked-on enamel finish to prevent rust and corrosion. These flashings typically outlast the other roofing materials.
Installing your replacement roofing materials
- Your shingle materials (asphalt, wood, stone or manufactured) will be installed using the proper fasteners, according to the manufacturer’s specifications and local building codes.
- Step-Flashings will be installed on all adjoining walls and interlaced with the new roof shingles. A kick-out flashing will be installed at the bottom of every step-flashing “run” to ensure that water is diverted to the outside of siding materials below the run.
- Roof and soffit vents will be installed to provide an adequate and balanced ventilation system. The quantity and placement of vents are determined by our Analysis of Existing Conditions conducted during Phase I. An adequate ventilation system is necessary to ensure the elimination of moisture in the attic. Excess moisture may lead to interior mold/mildew and premature failure of the roofing materials, which could void the manufacturer’s material warranty.
- New step-flashings will be installed around chimneys and skylights, and re-caulked.
- New plumbing vent flashings and new furnace flue flashings will be installed, interlaced with the new roof shingles, and caulked.
- New ridge materials, matching your shingle type, design and color, will be installed according to the manufacturer’s specifications. The ridge shingles will be installed in a straight line and will provide the finishing touch to the roof installation – both technically and aesthetically.
Get a Free Roof Installation Consultation and Estimate
Use our online contact form or call (816) 358-2102 for a FREE analysis of your existing roof and an estimate for replacing it. A Bordner representative will respond quickly to schedule a time to inspect your roof, answer any questions, and walk you through our trusted process for replacement roof installation.
From the blog
If you own a luxury home in Kansas City, it only makes sense to choose the very best products and materials. Your home is an
Roof ventilation, also known as attic ventilation can be one of the smartest improvements that you could make to your home. Proper ventilation on your